Monday, November 14, 2005

Checking In

Animal%20021%20-%20turkeys
American Government Awash In Cases Of Avian Flu
---Thousands Believed Braindead


Just a note to those who may have wondered if I died.

The answer is: not yet, but my body keeps trying. I've been dragging around with some kind of chest infection for over a week, and I may be fighting off a re-visitation of my illness in New Orleans. Whatever it is, it's made it really hard to sit in front of the computer after spending all my energy on day-to-day chores, and I'm finally giving in and seeing the doc tomorrow. Hopefully this will get me back into the soup and writing. After that baldly shameless shit-slinging of Bush's last week, I can hardly stand to sit by and let these golden opportunities go past. After all...there he was, channeling Karl Rove's up-is-down junkyard dog snarl and blaming the Democrats for giving him exactly what he wanted back at a time when anyone who dared speak out against the resolution was being branded a traitor by Bushco operatives in and out of the media.

In the meantime, while we're on the subject of the braindead, read Charles Pierce's wonderful assessment of the state of the Union's literacy rate, Greetings From Idiot America.

Just in time for Thanksgiving.

No comments: