Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Farewell

horsehead01
Dear Friends, Family, and Blog Sibs---

After a long period of reflection, I have to admit that I simply can't blog for now. Whether this will turn out to be a permanent situation or just a need for a long break really doesn't matter; the effect is the same. I don't have the energy or the heart to tackle the criminals ruining my country or the eloquence and intellectual organization needed to lay it out. I flounder in despair when I think too hard on the events of the last 5 years, which is pretty useless for blogging purposes. I want to put my energy into changes at work, helping my husband with his activism, and toward physical and mental exercise aimed at helping me heal and re-group. My work was never very widely read anyway, and only a handful of people (but some of the very best readers and bloggers around, so quality certainly made up for quantity) ever noticed it. I'm not a very social animal by nature, and the furious networking so endemic to finding an audience on the internet has been hard for me to do. I also thought that a little break after NOLA would be all I needed to get back to the keyboard. That little break turned into a month, and then till the end of the year, and yet still, after almost 3 months, I still feel tired and overwhelmed at the thought of slipping back into the old writing routine.

So I ask your understanding in accepting this bow-out. I am so grateful to have met all of you, either in person or by ether, and hope to maintain some kind of contact over time. I am thankful to those of you who bore my intermittence with such patience, and have allowed me to continue to post on your sites with no strings attached. But I am unreliable and distracted, and to maintain any further pretense that I am an active member of the blogging community is ridiculous, and unfair to others who have counted on me in the past.

I will be posting this farewell on my own site, and will probably keep it up until I either decide to come back to blogging, or say "The hell with it" and tear it all down. I don't want to burn ALL my bridges.

I will be reading your posts and comments. Be well.

Riggsveda

No comments: