"Obama's first act as president of any consequence, in the middle of a financial meltdown, was to send taxpayers' money overseas to pay for the killing of unborn children in other countries....A president that has lost his way that badly, that has no ability to see the image of God in these little fellow human beings, if he can't do that right, then he has no place in any station of government and we need to realize that he is an enemy of humanity."Never mind the blather, nor the outre suggestion from a real live elected government official that Obama is a genocidal madman. No, it's that one phrase that caught my eye: can't see the image of God in these little fellow human beings. Gee, that sounds almost...Eastern, in its embrace of the Godhead-in-life, doesn't it?
Well, here's a little peek at just how "pro-life" Franks really is:
- (Voted to) ban gun registration and; trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)
- (Voted to) allow firearms in National Parks. (Feb 2008)
- (Voted to) apply concealed carry permit to all other states where legal. (Feb 2009)
- Voted NO on Veto override to extend SCHIP to cover 6M more kids. (Jan 2008)
- Voted NO on adding 2 to 4 million children to SCHIP eligibility. (Oct 2007)
- Voted NO on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq. (Jun 2008)
- Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)
- Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
- Voted YES on approving removal of Saddam and valiant service of US troops. (Mar 2004)
And yet people like this have the gorge to accuse good and decent human beings of the very life-hating that they themselves engage in every day. It would be laughable, if it wasn't so dangerous. How much more of this nonsense from people like Franks, or this yutz, (UPDATE: Newsmax pulled the column, but you can still see the cache page here) must we endure before real tragedy unfolds?
And why do so many of them always seem to come out of Arizona, for Chrissake?