Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Nutso Facto

From my "Fuck This Shit" outreach campaign mailing:

I don't know if you remember Paul Ryan, the genius who came up with a Republican budget "agenda" that consisted of getting rid of the New Deal and transferring the rest of the national wealth to the rich. Recall here and here. His ideas were immediately debunked by sane people and economists capable of reading the CBO projections. Well, thanks to Digby I find out (how did I miss this?) that Obama put his dumb ass on the deficit commission (or the Catfood Commission as she's taken to calling it).

Seriously, what is wrong with this man? Did he think letting the Republicans choose their own for the commission would give it bi-partisan cred, even if the Republican was bat-shit crazy?

This was Obama's own idea, this commission, and first thing he does is cut the legs off it by sticking that senile old ignoramus Alan Simpson into it, then gives the Turnip Truck Party carte blanche to put any abomination they want on it. Now I have to conclude that either:

a) He simply is too naive to continue serving in the highest office of the land, or

b) His occult plan was to eliminate the social safety net and embrace privatization and oligarchy all along.

Neither gives me much comfort. I'm really having a hard time feeling like this is the man I voted for. I can't ever remember feeling so betrayed by a candidate, and God knows there have been plenty of broken promises over the decades.

I think the worst part is how the Democrats have gone MIA. What a joke. I want a revolution, and not one the Tea Party will like.