Sunday, March 13, 2005

Ode: Intimations of Risibility from Recollections of Early Childhood

I know you're sick of all the news, sick of ths constant harping on war atrocities, Defense Department culpability, and the growing innuring of Americans to reports of torture and mistreatment. I'm sick of it, too. And that's why it's so great to be living in a country where the prevalence of potable water and dearth of low-flying RPGs allows me to distract my fevered brain with other things. Like,

pere_lg why can't we get anymore of these guys?

And whatever happened to Tiki culture?

tiki These drinks are a dying art! And why can't I find a Polynesian restaurant within 200 miles of the nation's 5th largest city??

"...there hath passed away a glory from the earth."
Oh, William, things just aren't funny anymore. If I could just get a decently made Mai Tai, maybe it would all come out right.

No comments: