Thursday, December 24, 2009

Blessings


Merry Christmas

From my home (that's part of it over there) to yours.  Since my Christmas wishes for peace and love and all that have mostly ended in frustration, I wish this for myself, and for you as well:  that we cast off anger as a default position, find compassion in our hearts for those with whom we disagree, and in doing so experience some small peace.  Be well.  Do well.

Update: Christmas for our family always includes 3 things---watching Bad Santa, listening to Fairytale of New York, and watching and listening to the Christmas in Heaven sequence from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.  And this year, after being sucked in by an unexpected presentation on PBS of Sting at Durham Cathedral, I rushed to buy the DVD of If On A Winter's Night, which arrived on Christmas Eve and made for a magical evening.  Though I couldn't post something from that, I did find a lovely version of Christmas at Sea in a different venue.  O come let us adore them.









No comments: