Saturday, July 23, 2005

Perhaps Monsieur Would Prefer To Take The Mood Elevator?

Did you ever read a Russian novel from the Tolstoy/Dostoevsky era? Do you remember the cozy booths in Moscow restaurants hidden by curtains, where lovers and ne'er-do-wells could escape to consummate their desires, and lose their miseries? I need one of those. And then a phaeton to get out of town fast and find a place where no human hand can find me.

thorazineVia Atrios, I see John Gibson, resident Fox News troll, speaks for the civilized Western world:
"I love the way the Brits have 10 million cameras sticking up the nose of every citizen no matter where they are, except in the loo."
If you need a cleverly worded satiric comment to bring home the horror of the implication inherent in this sentence, you're not going to get it here. I'm too numbed out by the infinite possiblity of human hatred.

Sometimes you just have to take what the universe serves up, and figure it out for yourself.

No comments: