Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Now I Can Dare To Hope

Here we go...what I've been waiting for. Eliot Spitzer announces he will run for governor of New York in 2006!

I never understood why everyone on both sides of the political fence yakked so much about Hilary. She never even dropped a hint that she was interested in the presidency, and I agree she is not the horse to race. Eliot, on the other hand, is a knight in shining armor. Crime-fighter. Consumer advocate. Working man's (and woman's) friend. Upholder of the Code of Hammurabi. Ready to stand up to the plutocrats. And smart as a damned whip.
(Update: yes, yes, I know, he's not going to be ready to run for president in '08 if he gets elected in '06. I'm looking ahead. And I still doubt Hilary cares a whit about it.)

Trust me. This is the guy. And this is the first step.

No comments: