Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A Little Shameless Self-Promotion

Yesterday my American Street post on Death with Dignity got a mention on Salon's The Daou Report. This is, as far as I know, at least the third time they've picked up one of my AS pieces, and I confess to feeling pretty good about it. Not that it seems to be doing much for my numbers here, but it gives me a warm feeling to think somebody who gets paid to do this stuff likes my work. I vowed when I started the site that I wasn't interested in an audience, only in giving myself a place to vent, and I wouldn't get pulled into the vortex of ego that so commonly swirls around a lot of blogging. But the sort of personality drawn to this is a natural communicator, and what's the point if you aren't...communicating?

Well, there it is. We now return you to your regular programming.

No comments: